Personal information protection policy
Our company’s mission is to plan and provide every kind of information culture to local communities through information systems.
In recent years, due to the sophistication of systems, we have been in a position to know and handle all kinds of information about public entities and companies (hereinafter referred to as “customers”) in the planning and construction phases.
Such acquired information, the information received, and the constructed system functions are important confidential information on the fundamental organizational functions and sensitive data of customers, and important intellectual property for our company in the course of our business.
It is obvious that if such information, software assets, and our company’s intellectual property (hereinafter referred to as “information assets”) were to be leaked outside our company, it would lead to social chaos, loss of trust, and a threat to the survival of our company.
Preventing the leakage and loss of these information assets is a social mission and an important management issue, and individual employees must be aware of this social mission and take responsibility and obligation for ensuring the security of information assets.
In addition, as an organization, we shall establish and maintain effective security functions, comply with the “Personal information protection policy” specified herein, and take responsibility for earning the trust of society and our customers.
- With respect to the acquisition, use, and provision of personal information, our company shall identify the purpose of use, obtain the consent of customers to the extent necessary to achieve such a purpose, thoroughly ensure that such information is obtained by legal and fair means, and strictly prohibit use for purposes other than those specified. In addition, measures will be taken to ensure that the information is not used for any other purpose.
- Strict control will be exercised over the personal information obtained, and appropriate preventive and corrective measures will be taken to prevent leakage, loss, or damage.
- We comply with laws, regulations, national guidelines, and other norms regarding the handling of personal information.
- We sincerely respond to complaints and inquiries regarding personal information.
- In operating the personal information protection management system, we will implement periodic internal audits and external reviews. In addition, continuous improvements will be made through periodic reviews.
- This personal information protection policy will be made known to all employees and disclosed through our website and other means.
The Privacy Mark is a mark of trust for indicating that business operators protect personal information. The Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC), a third-party organization, conducts the review and certification process before a company is allowed to use this mark. Our company takes appropriate protective measures in relation to the handling of personal information.
Personal information protection
The protection of personal information refers to the proper management and operation of the following items related to personal information.
- To clarify the purpose and scope of use
- To clarify the outsourcing or deposit to an external organization other than our company
- To establish a security management system to protect personal information against leakage and unauthorized access
- To respond to requests for disclosure, correction, deletion, etc. of personal information
- To identify personal information managers
Purpose of use of personal information
Purpose of use of personal information obtained by methods other than directly in writing
- Personal information on customers: Migration of data, etc. held by government, public agencies and business partners for the development and construction of information systems
- Personal information on employees and officials of government and public offices, as well as executives and employees of business partners and other companies: For the operation and maintenance of systems
- Details regarding the receipt of inquiries about repairs, etc. at the general customer contact center
- Surveillance cameras: For crime prevention
Purpose of use of personal information subject to disclosure
- Personal information on applicants for employment: Contacting applicants for employment (including interns) and making a decision on whether or not to hire them
- Personal information on our employees and shareholders
- General affairs and operations of human resources management
- Exercise of rights and performance of business based on the Commercial Code
- Provision of various benefits (benefit plans for shareholders, etc.)
- Implementation of shareholder policies (questionnaires, etc.)
- Management of shareholders in accordance with laws and regulations (preparation of shareholder data, etc.)
Provision of personal information
Our company will not disclose or provide customers’ personal information to third parties, except in the following cases.
- When the customer agrees
- When demanded by laws and regulations
- When it is necessary for the protection of a person’s life, body, or property and it is difficult to obtain the customer’s consent
- When entrusting the handling of personal information to the extent necessary to achieve the purpose of use
- In the event of business succession due to merger, company split, business transfer, or other reasons
Procedures for requesting disclosure, etc.
of personal information
Our company will respond to requests for (1) Disclosure, (2) Notification of the purpose of use, (3) Correction, (4) Addition, (5) Deletion, and (6) Suspension of use or suspension of provision to third parties of customer’s personal information held by our company. For details on request forms, etc., please refer to “Procedures for requesting disclosure, etc.” In addition, no handling fee is required for requests for “(1) Disclosure” and “(2) Notification of the purpose of use.”
Inquiries about personal information
For any inquiries (complaints or consultations) regarding customers’ personal information, customers are requested to contact the sales department (or the website management department in the case of the website) to which the customers have provided their personal information. For any inquiries related to the personal information protection policy (complaints or consultations), or if the contact point is unclear, customers are requested to fill in the necessary information on the form specified by our company and send it to the staff below, or contact by e-mail, etc.
◆Name of a certified personal information protection organization and contact for complaints
(*This is not contact information for inquiries related to products and services provided by our company.)
Our company is a target business entity of a certified personal information protection organization.
Name of a certified personal information protection organization: The Japan Institute for Promotion of Digital Economy and Community (JIPDEC)
Contact for complaints: Division for Handling Complaints about Personal Information Protection
Address: Roppongi First Building, 1-9-9 Roppongi, Minato City, Tokyo 106-0032
Phone：0120-700-779 (toll-free number)
Supplementary information, etc.
- This “Personal information protection policy” is concerned with the handling of personal information in Japan by K’s Corporation. This policy does not apply to our affiliated companies in Japan.
- Our company is not responsible for the security of personal information of customers on the websites of other companies linked to our company’s website.
- If there are important changes or notifications, they will be posted on the front page.
- Our company may revise the personal information protection policy in order to ensure better protection of the personal information of customers or in accordance with changes in relevant laws or regulations.
- Our company has installed and is operating surveillance cameras for security purposes.
- Inquiries received at the general customer contact center will be recorded to improve our customer service quality.